Thursday, February 11, 2010

Biggest Loser: Corporate Style

I have previously complained to Love Handles about how my company does a company-wide version of "The Biggest Loser." It's the same principle, except everyone pays a $20 entrance fee and then the winner at the end of the 10-weeks period gets all the money. This has been going on here for about two years.
When I first heard about it, I was horrified. Who would possibly want to weigh themselves in a public forum comprised of all people you work with!?!? It's MAD. And beyond that, there is one person specifically set aside to watch you weigh yourself, record it and then secretly pass judgment while telling you that you can do better next week.

Well folks, something in me has changed; the time has come and I have joined the program. The money is incentive enough, but I didn't realize until I spent a night at a concert sipping water and passing on all offers of $2 PBRs that the streak of competition running through me is fierce. I am motivated by sheer, biting competition to annihilate all these lovely young women I stand in line with, waiting to get hearded into the "weigh in" room.

We are officially in our fifth week of the program; exactly half way. Staying true to my commit-to-something-for-a-week form, I lost six pounds in the first week and won the weekly weigh-in competition. I was euphoric. But since, I have bobbled up and down to pretty much remain the same since my weigh in that first week.

Here is my re-commitment that will hopefully surpass the one-week results I have become used to obtaining. I suppose this could begin to classify me as a yo-yo dieter, although usually I don't even make much of a net-loss from start to finish. My ultimate goal, aided by the provision of Hot Yoga Groupon this morning is to actually exercise.


Yes, I know it's crazy. To look toward making a healthy choice in the progress of weight loss rather than substituting a diet of raw foods or no carbs. I will let you know where this crazy journey takes me. Wish me luck, fellow dieters.

-ArmFat

No comments:

Post a Comment