Wednesday, February 10, 2010

JogTunes: The best invention for working out to music SINCE music

According to Women's Health Magazine, you are more likely to workout when you have music available. Duh. I think I can safely say that all of us who have hopped on a treadmill can agree we enjoyed Lady Gaga far more than the monotonous rhythm of our feet plugging along.

However, to supplement this thought, the magazine introduced a new site that I think I just may try. JogTunes.com allows you to enter the beats per minute (BPM), a genre, and an artist (or any combination of these) and it will generate a list of songs you should download to match your workout goals! There's even an "Indie Music Search" if you are sick of Taylor and Rhianna.
If you already have a set playlist in mind, you can alsoenter a song title and artist and the site will tell you the BPMs youhave been pumping iron to all along! As for me, I have been rocking the119 BPM with Poker Face when I could have been Chasing Pavements with Adele at a BPM of 162.

I will be putting together a jog miss for my trip to the gym tonight. Weigh in is tomorrow and after a healthy dose of baguette last night, I need all the help I can get!

-ArmFat

No comments:

Post a Comment