Saturday, May 3, 2008

Annoying Stuff Fat People Do


Not exercising: Ok, admittedly this is slightly motivated by my last post, but it’s still relevant so I’m sticking with it. As a frequent gym-er, I am constantly amazed by the lack of people at the gym that “need” to be there. In college, our campus gym was a fashion show. People legit got dressed up in cute outfits and wore mascara. That was ridiculous, but I went to a college that pretty much bred insanely attractive people…what better place to pick up than at the gym?? I guess. I assumed, incorrectly, this would change once I left college. Wrong. There are still shockingly few fat people at my gym. WHY?? I see fat people on public transportation every day. And I read the newspaper (ie-article I hate). I’ve seen statistics, I know these people exist. Why aren’t they at the gym?! I can tell you why…they have a mysterious disease/injury that prevents them from going. I hear it all the time from “them” because they seem to like to talk about it when they see normal-you heading to the gym/talking about a gym experience. “I used to like going to the gym but then I pulled my ‘insert made up muscle here’ and I’ve never been the same since!” Ridiculous.

Advice for the skinny girl who thinks she’s fat: Keep going to the gym and talking about going to the gym. Maybe fat friend will catch on. Additionally, keeping your headphones in even if you’re not listening to anything can be a good tactic in preventing conversation about these mysterious ailments.

~ Love Handles

No comments:

Post a Comment