Thursday, May 8, 2008

Guest Writer: Bloated Dishes about Boys

No matter what size you are there is one time when the last thing you want is a hand on your stomach: when you are laying down on your side. Women have mastered the cuddle, laying one your back with your arms over head, your boy’s hands can rub your tummy as much as he’d like to. When you cuddle up next to him on your side facing him, it’s convenient how your cleavage just seems to be pouring out. However one flaw in the cuddling department, weather your wearing his oversize tee or not, that you cannot avoid: the spooning tummy rub.

Spooning is the curse of the best canoodling position. His arm falls asleep after you’ve been in dreamland for minutes, and he has no choice but to yank you into reality as he desperately tries to gain feeling in his tingling appendage. We all love being little spoon, and guys enjoy it too. As he smells your hair he can put his arms around you and pull you close, so close there is no way you would be able to wiggle free if you wanted to.

Than just as you are getting comfortable, he slides his hand towards your belly button. Instinctively you both felt the jolt of your body screeching up right as you suck the daylights out of your body, it ruins the mood because you can no longer relax until you slide your hand under his, and bring it from your problem area.

Guys don’t seem to get it, whether you are big, small and every where in between, when you are laying on your side everything oozes forward, no one can contain the smushing of the loose tummy skin, its gravity. You can be perfectly secure with your body and will still feel self conscious and uncomfortable at that moment.

Apparently I this move one too many times on my guy when he finally sat up right, grabbed my shoulders and very firmly stated this very fact:

“I don’t care what you think about your body, it does not matter to me if you think your having one of your ‘fat days’. If you feel bloated than maybe don’t drink beer the night before because I am going to put my hand wherever I want. I will never notice you changing sizes, nor will it ever phase me, to me you are the most beautiful women in the world and that is never changing. All I want to do is hold you. This may not happen over night but I am willing to work with you, because this is happening.”

I did not know what to say through my strong feelings of embarrassment, shock, love and amazement for this wonderful guy that I found. One who saw through one too many of my tricks, and is fed up with my petty catty thoughts. What is natural we cannot help, but we can help our ridiculous need to fight it. The skinny girls are only there to remind us that men like curves, and a girl who won’t order a side salad in a burger joint and then eat all of his fries.

Sincerely,
Bloated

No comments:

Post a Comment